Pacnet Data Centre Access Guidelines
Log in with the same Logon Code/Password you use to access the Pacnet Account Toolkit. If you do not know your Account Toolkit login, please contact Technical Support on 13 16 39.
Timing of access requests
- 24 hours notice is required for non-emergency access. There are a few exceptions:
- Forms submitted after 6pm will not be processed until 8am the following weekday. For late submitted forms, notice will be calculated from the time the form is processed, not the time it was submitted.
- New installations require 48 hours notice, not 24.
Global Switch in Sydney apply an additional restriction: forms for access on the weekend or the following Monday must be submitted before 12pm on Friday. Forms submitted after 12pm on Friday will not grant access before the following Tuesday.
In the case of an emergency, access will be granted. An emergency is a server down or other condition that seriously impacts the hosted services. A technical justifcation of the emergency will be required.
The on-call engineer will be paged, and will attempt to call you back immediately on the number you have supplied. With this in mind, please do not request emergency access out of hours unless absolutely necessary.
Please nominate one person attending to be the point contact for Pacnet (and GlobalSwitch if applicable). An email address and contract phone number must be supplied.
For Global Switch access, additional visitors will only be admitted if their names are listed on the form. Please ensure that all names are spelled correctly, and that all visitors bring Photo I.D.
A Pacnet staff member must attend all colo access to shared racks. Customers with a full rack in Global Switch may attend without onsite staff.
When a Pacnet staff member is required to attend before 8:30 am or after 5:30 pm, there will be a $220/hr call-out charge, with a minimum charge of $440.
Loading Dock Access (Global Switch)
When equipment is taken into or out of Global Switch, the loading dock should be used. Pacnet will organise with Global Switch to grant access to the loading dock at the time of the appointment.
If the equipment is the size of a 1RU server or smaller, Global Switch may permit it to be taken through reception instead of the loading dock. Permission is granted at the discretion of Global Switch.
Admittance to Global Switch
In order to be admitted to Global Switch all vistors must meet certain requirements:
- All visitors without Global Switch passes must surrender photo ID when entering (e.g. a driver’s license)
- Closed shoes must be worn
- When enterting for the first time, visitors must complete an induction with Global Switch. Please allow 30 minutes for this on your first visit.
Type of Work Permitted
No hot work, dust generating work or electrical work is permitted without prior authorisation from Pacnet
Following up your access request
You will receive an email or phone call from Pacnet confirming your booking. If you wish to discuss a pending access request, contact Pacnet Tech Support on 13 36 39.